Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Ciao ciao ciao! 
Lots to update you all on!!! So the major event is I have finnaly made it to Milano and am all moved in with my host family:) My host familigia is amazing! They are so wonderful, amazing people! I feel so at home here! When I first came home I saw the sign that will be posted below:) 
Last time I updated you all was when I was still traveling around with my mother on our way to New York. Now that is not the case, I parted ways with my mother sadly after spending 2 lovely days in New York City:) We stayed at the Jane Hotel and later that day met up with my cousin John who showed us around the city and took us along the sea side. After that we parted ways and the next day drove to the Hilton Airport Hotel where the afs volunteers were happily greeting my mamma and I. My mamma and I parted ways and then I was put in a room with the rest of the Afs'ers. There I met some very nice girls going to italy and we all bonded very easily. We all then went on a 8 hour plane ride from New York to Zurich Swizerland and then a 5 hour layover from Swizerland to Roma. In Roma all the Afs'ers from 47 counties waited 3 days in Rome on the countryside. We split into region groups and everyone met who they will be seeing for the whole year. After that everyone going to the Milano region went on a 9 hour bus ride to Milano and we all got off at a auditorium where everyone's host families were waiting! There we had to say ciao! Mi Chiamo.... Vengo da (where your from) VaDo ah(where your Going) della famiglia (last name of your family). After I got done saying that I hurried over to my family and we all greated each other:)!!! I then arrived to my new casa dolce casa:) My host mom and sister took me on a lovely walk to the park near by with their dog Palu:) then we went out for a pizza!!! My first italian pizza and it was AMAZING! It was very different because here everyone gets their own pizza! I couldn't finish it! That concluded my amazing first day in italia! The next day my sorella a Mia madrea went sightseeing to a old church, and a very huge gothic dome! It was absolutely incredible!!!! 
I start my first day of school on Friday and I still don't know what classes I will be taking. My host mom did tell me that my teacher is very very nice and that the school I will be going to is use to having exchange students so I am not so nervous anymore:) my italian is coming along slowly but surely! My family is being very patient with the language barrier and teaching me. They all speak very good English so it was been very easy to start learning the language. Another thing I did learn is that not all family's eat a huge 7 course dinner like how everyone was telling me. My family has a light breakfast usually whatever you want containing the options of cereal, fruit, milk, yogurt, bread, juice. Then a light lunch containing fruit, Greek salad, meat, cheese, tomatoes, bread. Then dinner which is a salad, bread, main dish witch has vegetables sometimes either noodles or rice. They are a very healthy family:) organic and everything so it's a lot like home:) 
I tasted my first gelato oggi and it was delicious!!
Until next time, 

No comments:

Post a Comment