Tuesday, September 3, 2013

While I sit here on the Amtrak on my way to New York and finally have Internet, I realize It's been a few weeks since I have last posted about my upcoming travels across seas. Lots to update you all on! Saying farewell to my friends, brother, and dad was a hard step but I know it's for the best that I am leaving and starting this brand new chapter in my life. My mom very graciously threw an italian based goodbye party and invited close family friends so that we all could get a taste of the italian lifestyle before I left. It was a very lovely evening filled with good food, heart warming conversations, and bittersweet arrivederci' s. Seeing all the people that have supported and loved me through the years makes me feel even more confident about leaving home, knowing I am and will always be loved and supported. 
Saying goodbye to my best friend was a very hard step for both of us, but thankfully I will be in contact with her through email and Facebook.
I then headed up to the State Fair in Palmer to help my mom with her lovely booth and that's when my papa and I parted ways, it was a very bittersweet moment but in the end he is very happy and proud that I am becoming my own person and taking this step in my life. I will miss him tremendously but thankfully there is phone service in Italy! 
1 a.m my mamma and I boarded a plane heading to Seattle then to Washington D.C and when we finally got to D.C where my amazing cousin Ahnalisa picked my mom and I up and drove us up to my grandmothers house in Warrenton. It was very cheerful to see my Besta after not seeing her for a very long time!
My time at my Bestas house was very well spent. After years of wanting to go visit the halocoust  museum in D.C my mom took me up there and we spent the afternoon immersed in the sad history. 

My mother also took me to see the Luray Caverns and I was completely amazed!
Then earlier today I parted ways from my Besta and Auntie. I will sure miss this Iredale Clan ;)
My aunt then drove my mamma and I to the train station and we boarded a train and as I type this, we are on a five hour ride on our way to New York. We are staying at the Jane hotel and are going to see museums and explore the city. I have never been so this is a very exciting trip for me! 
Feel free to comment on any blog posts I have or email me! At taylor.iredale.afsitaly@gmail.com

Until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment